Friday, March 28, 2008

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger....

The other day, I was at the grocery store buying Zig-Zags. This is not a normal activity of mine, and I hate doing it. Mostly because while I was there, I ran into my professor. She was buying beer and tortilla chips, as far as I could tell, and though I was standing in line behind her, I didn't actually see her until she was walking out the door because I was too engrossed in the tabloids at the end of the aisles. That could have been awkward. I saw her the next day at the Women's and Gender Studies Conference and ended up sitting next to her for all of five minutes before I found the person I was supposed to be meeting there.

Yesterday I had an epiphany about life. It's a shame I'm going to be graduating in a year, because I feel like I'm just now beginning to learn, and I'm just now at the point where I feel I am beginning to be invested in the community. It took me four years to get here. It shouldn't take me that long to carve out a niche precisely where I want it. The welcome sign into town makes more and more sense the longer I stay here: "Kirksville, where people make the difference."

Other very true aphorisms:
-The road to hell is paved with good intentions
-Ignorance is bliss
-Think globally, act locally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home