It is a silly place
So, it’s been a while. I was going to write this whole long, elaborate post, replete with pictures, describing my Spring Break, but then decided against it because it would just be a repetitive laundry list of boringness. However, I wanted to write now before the Lust for Life so that I will have time for that later. Since I started out with my stupid little Open Diary in junior high, I don’t think I’ve ever missed a year writing at least a few sentences about the debauchery that goes on each spring around the equinox.
I’ll try to summarize my Spring Break quickly:
The first weekend I went to Lawrence to hang out with Elise. I went to some big Greek thing with her and Christian and got to experience that whole aspect of college life that seems to be lacking at Truman. I also got to experience the feeling of being a big state school, which was kind of odd. A tornado ripped through town my first morning there, and we spent the day driving around taking in all the damage. The rest of break was spent hanging out with various people during the day and going out every single night but one or two. And on the nights I didn’t go out, I had people over. In that regard, it wasn’t very relaxing, but it was a blast. I think this may have been one of my best Spring Breaks ever. I love seeing people at home. I like it more because I haven’t seen them in such a long time. I love going out to parties and not just sitting in corners, but actually meeting people (even if I forget their names five seconds later). The Saturday night before the morning I left to go back to “Truville” I went to a speakeasy themed party. For some reason that particular party stood out more than any other I went to during the whole 10 days of break. We dressed up as flappers with tassels on our dresses and I wore hose. Imagine that.
So anyway, my Spring Break this year pretty much consisted of me spending roughly $60 on gas for my car and then drinking and/or smoking almost every single night. Yep, definitely a good time. But I’m glad it only lasted a week (sandwiched between two weekends) because I don’t know if I could do that every night on a regular basis. This was just a special occasion.
Tomorrow I leave after my 2:30 class for home, so I can be off to the Lust for Life with my family bright and early Saturday morning. I’ll actually be the oldest of the second generation-ers there. I think that’s a first. It should be interesting. Actually, I think my brother and the exchange student and I will pretty much be the only second generation-ers there. That’s definitely a first. It will mean I get to be an adult, though. Not that I didn’t before, but I think I really will now.
Right, anyway. I have too much shit to do to just be sitting here blogging. I promise I’ll write a better post next time. This one sucked.
I’ll try to summarize my Spring Break quickly:
The first weekend I went to Lawrence to hang out with Elise. I went to some big Greek thing with her and Christian and got to experience that whole aspect of college life that seems to be lacking at Truman. I also got to experience the feeling of being a big state school, which was kind of odd. A tornado ripped through town my first morning there, and we spent the day driving around taking in all the damage. The rest of break was spent hanging out with various people during the day and going out every single night but one or two. And on the nights I didn’t go out, I had people over. In that regard, it wasn’t very relaxing, but it was a blast. I think this may have been one of my best Spring Breaks ever. I love seeing people at home. I like it more because I haven’t seen them in such a long time. I love going out to parties and not just sitting in corners, but actually meeting people (even if I forget their names five seconds later). The Saturday night before the morning I left to go back to “Truville” I went to a speakeasy themed party. For some reason that particular party stood out more than any other I went to during the whole 10 days of break. We dressed up as flappers with tassels on our dresses and I wore hose. Imagine that.
So anyway, my Spring Break this year pretty much consisted of me spending roughly $60 on gas for my car and then drinking and/or smoking almost every single night. Yep, definitely a good time. But I’m glad it only lasted a week (sandwiched between two weekends) because I don’t know if I could do that every night on a regular basis. This was just a special occasion.
Tomorrow I leave after my 2:30 class for home, so I can be off to the Lust for Life with my family bright and early Saturday morning. I’ll actually be the oldest of the second generation-ers there. I think that’s a first. It should be interesting. Actually, I think my brother and the exchange student and I will pretty much be the only second generation-ers there. That’s definitely a first. It will mean I get to be an adult, though. Not that I didn’t before, but I think I really will now.
Right, anyway. I have too much shit to do to just be sitting here blogging. I promise I’ll write a better post next time. This one sucked.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home