Life at Truman
As the second week of classes commences, I'd like to comment on some things that just hit me. First of all, the double standards. At home, I never thought twice about wandering campus or going to Brady Commons to play games, even though I didn't go to MU. Here, whenever I see some "townie" (I was never a townie at home, of course) walking across campus, I just want to say "hey, this is our campus, what are you doing here?" Secondly, the fact that the professors live in Kirksville and consider themselves citizens of the town, and furthermore get upset when a student makes a dirisive comment about it... of course the professors at MU live in Columbia and merely work at the university; how else would it be? And death to all students who make fun of Columbia! And I used to get so pissed off when the stupid college students didn't know anything about Columbia except where things were on campus, but the only place I've been off-campus is Wal-Mart. Adjusting to this new life is so strange.
I went swing dancing last night. And that's about the extent of my social life so far. Starting from scratch sucks.
I went swing dancing last night. And that's about the extent of my social life so far. Starting from scratch sucks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home