Thursday, April 21, 2005

They'll name a city after us...

... and later say it's all our fault.

Life just gets more and more fucked up. I feel like an anomaly. Then again, I suppose everyone does.

For some reason my mind always associates the word "anomaly" with whales.

The weather outside is so nice. I might go take a walk. But that would require putting on pants. Maybe it's worth it.

I realized today that I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm not just talking about after I graduate, or what kind of career I want, or anything of that nature. I mean, my life. Regardless of my education or job or friends, my life. I never knew what I wanted to do with it, and I'm afraid that I never will. That's a fear that ranks up there with my fear of being utterly alone (although I suppose that one comes from reading too many science fiction stories - the complete emptiness of space both fascinates and frightens me.) But life would be pointless and meaningless if I went through it aimlessly never finding anything I really wanted.

You know, a lot of religions are concerned with where we came from (well, the "Western" ones anyway), but that has never really been a big concern for me. We're here now, and that's all that really matters. I don't even know if it really matters why we're here. Although one thought I can't stand is that after we leave, there is nothing. Life is too short for nothing to come afterward. Then again, eternity is a long time- too long to be bored for. I don't know what comes next, but it can't matter any more than what came before.

Enough thinking for tonight. I'm in one of my moods again.

I think it's time for that walk.

Goodnight, you moonlight ladies....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home