How bizarre
First of all, smart ass, I knew it was April Fool's Day when those cartoons were all the same, but I thought it was a weird way of celebrating it. And I call you a smart ass in a loving manner.
Second of all, today has been odd, but not at all unpleasant (barring the dumbass who called me at 8:30 this morning with a wrong number, waking me up hours before I needed to be up, and that nasty poli sci test, that is).
(Oh wait, before I continue, I'd like to brag that yesterday I did the NY Times crossword puzzle all by myself, and actually finished the whole thing! So far, Mondays are the only ones I can get. Okay, moving on....)
So, one odd thing that happened today was that this girl I knew a very long time just facebooked me. I never could remember her last name, but her first name was somewhat unusual and neat. We went to elementary school together. She was a grade older, but we were both in the same unit, and had the same home teacher, at least during my 4th grade year, while she was still in elementary school. She was pretty cool. I remember we were in the same group during our Egypt unit. We did a project together about Bast, and built a little statuette out of clay or something. Really, it was just a bust, but it was damn good for a pair of 4th and 5th graders. I think the plan was that I was going to take it home for a while after the unit was over, and then she was going to have it for a while, and then me, and then her... but the unit was at the end of the year, and I got it first, and I really don't think it ever made it to her house. It's a shame, cause I have no clue where it is now, or even if it's still in one piece or in our house.
But the point is that she was really a cool kid, and I lost track of her over the years. Unlike other random people from my elementary school that would show up years later in junior high or high school, I never saw her again, and I am assuming, from her facebook profile, that her family moved to Oregon. The only reason I knew for sure it was her (aside from the fact that she is the only person I know with that name) is because she belonged to a group on facebook (she's now at Oberlin, by the way) that is essentially a "como fo' sho" group. There seems to be one at every college. I am still completely mystified as to how she ever found me. But it's kind of exciting.
I don't remember the other thing I was going to talk about. Well, yeah I do, but I don't want to talk about it anymore cause this first one was too weird. So, that's my story for today.
I think I'm going to go... do something extraordinary. It's really nice outside tonight. Like, one of those mild summer nights. Late, late nights are the best part of summer. Perhaps I'll go take a walk.
(One last thing... I wrote a pretty poem the other day, and I was really proud of it [even though it sucks], but I thought I'd put the first stanza in because it's pretty [haha, I'm so vain] and because it's about summer nights:
Second of all, today has been odd, but not at all unpleasant (barring the dumbass who called me at 8:30 this morning with a wrong number, waking me up hours before I needed to be up, and that nasty poli sci test, that is).
(Oh wait, before I continue, I'd like to brag that yesterday I did the NY Times crossword puzzle all by myself, and actually finished the whole thing! So far, Mondays are the only ones I can get. Okay, moving on....)
So, one odd thing that happened today was that this girl I knew a very long time just facebooked me. I never could remember her last name, but her first name was somewhat unusual and neat. We went to elementary school together. She was a grade older, but we were both in the same unit, and had the same home teacher, at least during my 4th grade year, while she was still in elementary school. She was pretty cool. I remember we were in the same group during our Egypt unit. We did a project together about Bast, and built a little statuette out of clay or something. Really, it was just a bust, but it was damn good for a pair of 4th and 5th graders. I think the plan was that I was going to take it home for a while after the unit was over, and then she was going to have it for a while, and then me, and then her... but the unit was at the end of the year, and I got it first, and I really don't think it ever made it to her house. It's a shame, cause I have no clue where it is now, or even if it's still in one piece or in our house.
But the point is that she was really a cool kid, and I lost track of her over the years. Unlike other random people from my elementary school that would show up years later in junior high or high school, I never saw her again, and I am assuming, from her facebook profile, that her family moved to Oregon. The only reason I knew for sure it was her (aside from the fact that she is the only person I know with that name) is because she belonged to a group on facebook (she's now at Oberlin, by the way) that is essentially a "como fo' sho" group. There seems to be one at every college. I am still completely mystified as to how she ever found me. But it's kind of exciting.
I don't remember the other thing I was going to talk about. Well, yeah I do, but I don't want to talk about it anymore cause this first one was too weird. So, that's my story for today.
I think I'm going to go... do something extraordinary. It's really nice outside tonight. Like, one of those mild summer nights. Late, late nights are the best part of summer. Perhaps I'll go take a walk.
(One last thing... I wrote a pretty poem the other day, and I was really proud of it [even though it sucks], but I thought I'd put the first stanza in because it's pretty [haha, I'm so vain] and because it's about summer nights:
Stars fill the sky like faery lights,
Reminding me of summer nights
When I would lie awake to see
Reflections of reality.
Okay, that's the end now. I swear. Goodnight!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home