Sunday, August 31, 2008

La vie est belle

I've come to the realization lately that life is pretty good. I'm getting from it what I wanted, but I'm having a hard time acknowledging that fulfillment. I have to take moments to fully appreciate what I've created (subconsciously?), or what has come to be in the way that it must- what was supposed to happen, as Bokonon would say- because otherwise I would simply trod on without ever noticing. But the moments of appreciation are sublime.

On the other hand, what do you do when a goal has been reached, or a fantasy realized? All the energy that was put into getting to this point now has nowhere to go, and it's all a little disappointing.

But the fact remains: life is good, and I can't really complain about it. I can't really do anything about it but just sit here and wait for the other shoe to drop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home