Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Another boring "My life so far" entry

My life so far... sucks.

I think I fucked up my ballot and I don't know if I can get a new one in time. I have a bastard of a cold that won't go away. My friend thinks I'm a heroine addict (wtf mate?!). Today my 7:30 am class lasted 12 minutes (and no, that's not a good thing). I have a biology test tomorrow and I seriously don't have a clue about anything it's over... and unfortunately I'm not exaggerating one bit. I've made it to mid-terms, but there's no chance in hell I'll make it all the way to semester.

Although I do have to say my biology lab group rocks hard core. Today the professor asked us all what our names are, and I'm pretty sure it's so she can mark our grades lower. Our experiments never go right, but damnit, we have fun! Today we were testing how much yeast ferments under different circumstances, and she thought our control yeast wasn't doing it all, but we all saw that it was. But she shook it up and messed up the whole thing, the one time it was going right... bitch! So I stole a bunch of pH paper. That'll teach her. *sigh* I'm going to flunk out of that class, I just know it. I hate biology. Why did I take it when I could have done something cooler like botany. That would have been so much better. And of course, it only gets worse from here on out.

That's why I'm definitely getting a Ba. No more science, no more math... ah, what a life. Although I am enjoying my calculus class. The professor rocks. And it's loser LAS Calc, so it's all good.

I read this fucking awesome science fiction story this morning before my wonderful nap. It was the last story in the anthology I got from the library (where, by the way, you actually have to pay money for overdue books... I wish someone had told me before my books became overdue), so last night I saved it for today, in the hopes that it wouldn't suck. It was the last story, after all, and the whole anthology would be ruined if it sucked. Much to my astonishment, it was the best story in the whole book. I guess Mr. Asimov knew what he was doing when he edited it. Good job, Isaac! There were quite a few stories in this anthology that I have a feeling would be near impossible to find outside the pages of this massive tome, this last one especially. But if by chance you do come across it, it is called The New Reality, and was written by Charles L Harness. Grab it quick before it disappears!

One last question: is it rude to stare at blind people (as my conscience so harshly tells me)? After all, they're fascinating to watch, and it's not like they can see you doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home