Rugby = Hard Core
While reading an article after a horrible and traumatizing episode of biology lab, I came across this curious quote:
"...astronomers were surprised to find in a new survey that about 20 percent of the stars within 1,000 light-years of the sun are moving on a bunch of offbeat trajectories."
Now, I know what they mean, but I couldn't help but laugh because it conjured up in my imagination a scenario in which several scientists are interviewing randomly chosen stars, asking them to "please state your distance from the sun and whether or not you follow an offbeat trajectory."
This weekend I made mango sticky rice and cinnamon bread. Decidedly, my sticky rice will never measure up to that of Chim's Thai Restaurant, but I dare say it wasn't horribly bad. Likewise, I managed to avoid producing cinnamon bricks, so I'd say my bread was a success as well. Sunday evening Deborah and I shared some mango sticky rice while I learned all about how rugby works, among many other things I would never have guessed (or would I?).
Speaking of that deepest level of hell more commonly known as Biology 100 (I really was, for a little bit, a while ago, speaking of it, if you remember), I got a D on the midterm. A mere half point away from a C, which still would have sucked major ass. I'll be lucky if I make it out of that class with a passing grade. But I have to; my scholarships are at stake. And I (and by "I," I mean "my parents") probably won't be able to pay for college without those scholarships. By the way, did I ever mention that the GPA I need in order to keep my scholarships is higher than the one I graduated high school with? Yeah... we'll see how that one works out.
I am eating sticky rice right now, and it's sooooo good, even though it's all cold and a little dry. Which is not at all like the weather in Kirksville, where it is wet all the time because it never stops raining. Ever ever ever. Were the sun to crash into the earth, burning everything and sucking up all the moisture in the world, Kirksville would be the place to be, because it would still be raining here. But I suppose there's a good side to this, too; at least when it starts snowing (which, as I understand it, it does a lot here), the snow will be wet. And wet snow, as we all know, means good snowmen and uber-scary snowballs of death.
Man, I can't wait until it's Thanksgiving. And then Christmas. And then second semester, which will be better than the two combined (or better be!). But now it's time for a meeting with my academic advisor. Most likely a waste of a good half hour.
That concludes the evening news for Kirksville. Thank you and good night to everyone.
(another interesting article to think about)
"...astronomers were surprised to find in a new survey that about 20 percent of the stars within 1,000 light-years of the sun are moving on a bunch of offbeat trajectories."
Now, I know what they mean, but I couldn't help but laugh because it conjured up in my imagination a scenario in which several scientists are interviewing randomly chosen stars, asking them to "please state your distance from the sun and whether or not you follow an offbeat trajectory."
This weekend I made mango sticky rice and cinnamon bread. Decidedly, my sticky rice will never measure up to that of Chim's Thai Restaurant, but I dare say it wasn't horribly bad. Likewise, I managed to avoid producing cinnamon bricks, so I'd say my bread was a success as well. Sunday evening Deborah and I shared some mango sticky rice while I learned all about how rugby works, among many other things I would never have guessed (or would I?).
Speaking of that deepest level of hell more commonly known as Biology 100 (I really was, for a little bit, a while ago, speaking of it, if you remember), I got a D on the midterm. A mere half point away from a C, which still would have sucked major ass. I'll be lucky if I make it out of that class with a passing grade. But I have to; my scholarships are at stake. And I (and by "I," I mean "my parents") probably won't be able to pay for college without those scholarships. By the way, did I ever mention that the GPA I need in order to keep my scholarships is higher than the one I graduated high school with? Yeah... we'll see how that one works out.
I am eating sticky rice right now, and it's sooooo good, even though it's all cold and a little dry. Which is not at all like the weather in Kirksville, where it is wet all the time because it never stops raining. Ever ever ever. Were the sun to crash into the earth, burning everything and sucking up all the moisture in the world, Kirksville would be the place to be, because it would still be raining here. But I suppose there's a good side to this, too; at least when it starts snowing (which, as I understand it, it does a lot here), the snow will be wet. And wet snow, as we all know, means good snowmen and uber-scary snowballs of death.
Man, I can't wait until it's Thanksgiving. And then Christmas. And then second semester, which will be better than the two combined (or better be!). But now it's time for a meeting with my academic advisor. Most likely a waste of a good half hour.
That concludes the evening news for Kirksville. Thank you and good night to everyone.
(another interesting article to think about)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home