Orqdew your mom!
I thought I'd take a break from the exhausting work of writing an extensive new page for my website in order to write a not-so-extensive blog entry. Of course, the reason I was messing around with my website was to avoid messing around with homework. But the fact that I need to take breaks from the things I'm doing as a break from other things is besides the point. The point is that I learned a new word today: defenestration. That's right. According to my favorite website of all times (m-w.com), defenestration is "a throwing of a person or thing out of a window." That, of course, made me think of that Bob Dylan song (the one whose name I don't remember... which would be all of them.) So I started re-writing the lyrics, and now they read: "defenestrate my ticket, defenestrate my suitcase, too. Delimenate my troubles, I don't need them any more, cause tonight I'll be staying here with you." Perhaps it doesn't have the rhyme or rhythm it used to, but at least now you'll sound cool when you sing it. And yes, I made up "delimenate," but it should count as a real word because I took the trouble to attempt to root it in Latin. So there.
Orqdew is another made-up word that should be real. It came about one night when my friends and I were playing Scrabble at Steak-n-Shake at some ungodly hour of the night/morning. Yes, my friends and I are cool because we play Scrabble at Steak-n-Shake (which, by the way, happens to be the Spawn of Hell.) Anyway, when it is near the end of the game and all that's left on your little letter-holder-piece-of-wood thing are useless letters like Q (letters, nonetheless, that are worth lots of points), there's nothing to do but to place it between two words, thus combining them. And that is how orqdew came into existence. It is generally used as an insulting verb but, much like the word fuck, can take many forms as many different parts of language. Two other words of importance that were also invented that night are "evilry" and "yant." Most likely evilry was already coined by our illustrious president, but we'd like to take credit for it anyway. The most accepted use for these three words is in the sentence "orqdew yant evilry." However, no one is entirely sure what yant means, but we are sure that it is not restricted to use as a verb.
And all this, boys and girls, just goes to show why drugs are bad.
On a completely unrelated note, it has been snowing ever since I got back up here and it's still snowing. But, thanks to my lovely alpaca poncho, I look like a complete idiot walking to class. Also, I can keep warm. I wonder how many days in a row I will be able to look out my window in the morning and see giant snowflakes floating by? I'm really curious to see how long this will keep up. As long as it stays fluffy and doesn't freeze into a big block of ice, I'll be fine. I already look retarded with my "poncho," I don't need to be falling on my fat ass every eight steps, too. However, the one upside of snow is that now I can drink hot chocolate. I had it twice today! Drinking hot chocolate makes me feel like I just came in after sledding and got all un-bundled and now am curled up on the couch with my dog and a book and a nice warm cup of chocolate-y goodness in a snowman coffee cup. Deborah said it makes her feel like going outside and smoking. I guess we've all got our own memories...
But this was supposed to be a non-extensive blog entry, so now I will go back to spending hours making up HTML codes in the hopes that eventually I will return to my original pursuit of the evening: homework. Or perhaps I'll just play minesweeper and go to bed.
Orqdew is another made-up word that should be real. It came about one night when my friends and I were playing Scrabble at Steak-n-Shake at some ungodly hour of the night/morning. Yes, my friends and I are cool because we play Scrabble at Steak-n-Shake (which, by the way, happens to be the Spawn of Hell.) Anyway, when it is near the end of the game and all that's left on your little letter-holder-piece-of-wood thing are useless letters like Q (letters, nonetheless, that are worth lots of points), there's nothing to do but to place it between two words, thus combining them. And that is how orqdew came into existence. It is generally used as an insulting verb but, much like the word fuck, can take many forms as many different parts of language. Two other words of importance that were also invented that night are "evilry" and "yant." Most likely evilry was already coined by our illustrious president, but we'd like to take credit for it anyway. The most accepted use for these three words is in the sentence "orqdew yant evilry." However, no one is entirely sure what yant means, but we are sure that it is not restricted to use as a verb.
And all this, boys and girls, just goes to show why drugs are bad.
On a completely unrelated note, it has been snowing ever since I got back up here and it's still snowing. But, thanks to my lovely alpaca poncho, I look like a complete idiot walking to class. Also, I can keep warm. I wonder how many days in a row I will be able to look out my window in the morning and see giant snowflakes floating by? I'm really curious to see how long this will keep up. As long as it stays fluffy and doesn't freeze into a big block of ice, I'll be fine. I already look retarded with my "poncho," I don't need to be falling on my fat ass every eight steps, too. However, the one upside of snow is that now I can drink hot chocolate. I had it twice today! Drinking hot chocolate makes me feel like I just came in after sledding and got all un-bundled and now am curled up on the couch with my dog and a book and a nice warm cup of chocolate-y goodness in a snowman coffee cup. Deborah said it makes her feel like going outside and smoking. I guess we've all got our own memories...
But this was supposed to be a non-extensive blog entry, so now I will go back to spending hours making up HTML codes in the hopes that eventually I will return to my original pursuit of the evening: homework. Or perhaps I'll just play minesweeper and go to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home