STFU Already! (talking to myself here)
I've been instructed to blog. So that's what I'm doing. And I figure, enough with the whiny shit. But what else do I have to say? I registered for classes today. This is why being a freshman sucks ass. By the time I actually got to register, all the classes I really wanted to take were full. So this is what I ended up with for next semester:
- ART 223: Art in Europe and America after the Renaissance
- POL 171: Introduction to Political Science
- FREN 220: Intermediate French I
- SOAN 191: Anthropological Inquiry
- CHEM 100: Nap-time with Lab
Not as bad as it could have been, I suppose. However, I think it's interesting that I'm not taking any history or religion classes, seeing as those are the two majors I'm considering. But all the PHRE 185 classes were full, as were all the 200 and 300 level History classes. And the few English classes I wanted were full, too, so I thought I'd leave that for later. I think I'm going to take Stat over the summer. Since I took Calculus this semester, that means I'm all done with math, as long as I get a Ba. Anyway, that Anthropology class better kick some ass or I'm going to be really pissed off, cause I took a lower-level French in order to fit it into my schedule. And I could get away with not taking Chemistry, I guess, but there's no way I could get away with only taking 12 hours this semester. Hence the Stat over the summer. But still. I wish there was something more useful I could be doing with that time.
Let's see... what else of import has happened in my life lately? Not too much. Joel informed that yesterday was the one-year anniversary of me getting him stoned for the first time. I think it's hilarious that he even remembers the date. I have no idea when the first time I got stoned was. I don't even remember how old I was the first time I smoked, but I'm pretty sure I remember the where and who of it. Anyway, what else? Elise called me this evening. That was nice. I haven't talked to her in quite a while. Apparently there's a big MU-KU game (or maybe it's just MU and some other random people) this weekend, and she was thinking about coming down with Christian, and wanted to know if I'd be there. That would be fun to hang out with them. Even though I'm seeing them again not even a week later, for Thanksgiving. We talked about how mothers always start telling you things you don't particularly want to hear, especially once you become an adult yourself. Elise is a lot of fun, and I know we'd never associate with each other if we weren't related, so I'm glad we are. Apparently Mom and Aunt Suz say we have to go work in Alaska over the summer like Abe did, and she took the idea seriously. I could do that. I just wonder that they're not afraid we'd end up staying there permanently, like Abe did.
This is a nice and fluffy entry, for once. They were getting too heavy for me for a while. But then again, I'm currently in a light and fluffy mood. A rare occurrence. Man, Elise and I sure inherited some shitty genes. On another note, my roommate just told me today that she's transferring to MU next semester. Rather, I asked her. Actually, it was sort of accidental, how that admission came about. I don't think she was going to tell me at all. Or maybe she was just waiting until she knew for sure. But anyway, I was kind of shocked. I mean, it makes sense; she goes there every single weekend without fail. But I really hope they give me a new roommate, and that we become friends and get along well. Not that my current roommate and I don't get along well, because we do. We just hardly talk. We have nothing in common.
I know I'm looking forward to Turkey Day. Howabout everyone else?
We're reading Life of Pi in Lit, and it totally rocks as much as I decided it had better.
I can't wait to go home and use the digital camera. All this picture-taking everywhere has gotten me jealous. I don't have any pictures. But I need to take a picture of my tattoo to put on my webpage (yeah, that's lame that I've got one... a webpage, that is, not a tattoo). And I'd like to have a picture to put here, on my blog. By the way, if you want to see the most horrible picture ever, look in the top right hand corner of this guy's blog. Anything else I should take a picture of? I just need some random photos to make me look cooler, really. Which is why I posted this picture.
Cool, non? And beautiful and magical. Tis a shame I live so far south. I wonder if you can see the northern lights from Bretagne or Normandie? Because I'd like to live there some day.
Speaking of living in foreign countries someday, I had an interesting conversation with my dad the other day. We were talking about how the country is going to the dogs, and my dad (one of the most laid-back, calm, laissez-faire guys ever) started talking about how he thinks I will live to see the complete transformation of this government to fascism. Which is funny, cause about a year or two ago I started noticing just how fascist we were becoming, and I was sincerely hoping I'd be dead before the shit hit the fan. Preferably dead of old age. But it was nice to know I wasn't the only one who saw that trend (and my dad's opinion is one that I'd trust even if he weren't my dad. He's a fucking genius, ya know. Belongs to Mensa and everything.) But anyway he started telling me how I should keep in the back of my mind (he stressed this a lot, that these were thoughts for many years in the future, not something to do tomorrow, but thoughts, nonetheless, that would come in handy in my lifetime) the idea of opening a bank account in a foreign country and slowly moving about half my money there. Soon enough, he thought, it would be illegal to move large sums of money out of the country. Start looking at places in Canada, New Zealand, Costa Rica, and France (since I had an interest there anyway) that would make good homes and had viable job options. Costa Rica... apparently lots of ex-pats live quite comfortably there with a much higher quality of life for a much lower price than is available here in the good ol' U.S. But the funny thing is, he was totally serious about it. So I'm keeping that in the back of my mind. "You know what they say about the frog in the pot of water, don't you?" he asked me, but I didn't. So he explained it to me. I'd explain it to you, dear reader, but that would take too much effort on my part.
I don't have too much else to say, and this entry is already long enough. Anyway, I'm getting tired of parenthesis. And I have a problem with breaking things up. I always present them in large chunks when in truth it would be much easier to digest in smaller bites. So really this should be two or three entries. But it's not. So live with it.
Good evening, all.


2 Comments:
A few things-- A.) AWESOME entry in your blog! *claps* B.) Your webpage is so freaking cool! C.) That guy's profile pic that you linked to is disturbing. D.) It is really freaking hot in my room right now. I am sweating. E.) I love your dad. But what IS the "frog in the pot of water"? F.) Costa Rica, huh? That sounds like a good idea. I told you my parents were seriously talking about moving to Canada, right? G.) Love ya much and hope I get to see you this Thanksgiving! H.) Did I mention how awesome that blog entry was?
Personally, I thought that the Kermit picture was the LEAST offensive picture of any of the ones I've posted on either of my sites. Come one, you've got to admit that the "Free Cat" picture, or the one where I've superimposed a 34-inch wanker on my own picture HAVE to be more disturbing than two stuffed animals simply doing what is in their inborn nature! :) Thanks for the shout-out...Buster
Post a Comment
<< Home