Spring Break
So, this is how break ended up:
- Went to a party with Elaine, Brandon, and Kyle
- Went to a party with Joel
- Saw Liz and Anne, didn't go to a party
- Made cool pottery and bead things with my high school art teacher
- Went to KC, watched The Wind and the Lion
- Hung out with Deb and Kris for St. Patty's Day
- Saw a bunch of kids from my old HS play in their bands, saw Mer and Emily Stoll
- Went to a dinner party like we had back in the day, made guacamole
- Went to the Lust for Life with my cousin Elise
Yeah, that was pretty much it. I sat around on my ass a lot. The Lust for Life can pretty much be broken down into this: Arrived Saturday evening, drank lots of Bacardi, Jose Cuervo, and Jack Daniels (out of the biggest fucking bottle I've ever seen), smoked some weed and some opium (which wouldn't have happened had I not been completely wasted already), sweated at least three times, and passed out in front of the fire before waking because of the cold and stumbling back to my tent where I shivered all night. Woke up Sunday, felt like shit, and slept a lot all afternoon, missed a trip to the blue hole because of napping, took a midnight hike to Cupola with a wasted Lori who graciously smoked us all out, and built a fire there. Hung around and didn't do a lot on Monday, played a game of monopoly and packed up, until it began raining in the afternoon. Woke up Tuesday while it was still raining, put away last things, and drove home.
It was exciting though, and worth it. All in all, break was good. And today was a gorgeous day. The high was 75, but there was a really nice breeze that made it just the right temperature without making it too cold from the wind. I've spent a lot of time hanging out on the quad lately "doing homework" (aka napping).
Last weekend was a three-day weekend, and I went home. I didn't really want to, especially since I'd just been there, but Liz actually called me and wanted me to go out with her on Friday (we never talk). So I caught a ride at the last moment and skipped my Anthro class, which means I've used up all my absences now. Oh well, I'm probably gonna get a bad grade in that class anyway. So Friday was nice, I met some cool people. I spent all Saturday wishing I could go back to school, but did get a drunk dial from Mer that night, which was interesting, cause I've probably only talked to or seen her about 4 times since August. I finally got to leave on Sunday. But all in all it was a nice trip. I spent some quality time with my dad, just the two of us. That was cool, since we don't get to do that a lot, and since that was all I got to see him. And then I spent some nice time with my mom working in the garden all day. It was nice to see her and actually get along. That "getting along" stuff has been happening a lot, since we usually only see each other once a month or so (which I realize is still a lot, though). Whenever I go home and actually enjoy myself with the 'rents I almost wish I didn't have to leave. And then I laugh and go back to school.
Wow, so this post was really lame. I think the next one is going to be about time travel paradoxes. If I have the energy. I didn't have the energy for this one, which is why it was so lame, but I wanted to write down my spring break before I forgot it so I could reference it years later.
Which reminds me... does anyone know if you can, like save a webpage or something? I mean, I want to save this blog on a disk or something just in case something happens to it, like happened to my old one, twice. It would just be nice to have a backup copy without having to print it all out or something. Cause that would be a lot of paper. And somehow copying and pasting it all to Word and saving it there would just be too much effort. Although I might end up doing that. Oh well.

1 Comments:
copy paste copy paste copy paste. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's pretty much your only option.
Post a Comment
<< Home