Sunday, February 27, 2005

On the nocturnality of turtles

I feel as if I must apologize for the lack of wit, intelligence, humor, or even sense present in this blog. I realize that in beginning this I intended it to be for my pleasure only, but then if that was the case, what was the point of making it public, on the internet? So while it is still here for purely selfish reasons, it also exists, in my wishes anyway, to entertain any complete strangers that come across it. I feel as if I have failed in that part of my bargain. But too bad for you.

My weather related high point of yesterday (or whenever it was I last blogged) soon came crashing down as if I were in junior high again and my parents had grounded me for breaking curfew (although I'm not sure how that would happen, because in junior high my parents were still responsible for chauffeuring me around town, and therefor had curfew been broken, the blame would have been theirs.) I thought those intense roller-coaster emotions, to use a hated cliché, ended with the cessation of a free* public education. Then again, I guess technically the state is still paying for my education; however, this time around I have to pay for my books and housing.

On a related note to detested souvenirs of days past, I was having a conversation with a certain maimed friend of mine concerning the emotional instability of ourselves and the people we know. I don't think that sentence was grammatically correct, but oh well. This colloquy led me to an enlightening conclusion regarding the discrepancies between the members of our ancien clique. My partner in this discourse is quite possibly the most reserved person I know. She has never shared her emotions or personal problems with me, or anyone I know of, for that matter. On the rare occasion when her anger or frustration is visibly obvious, she remains reticent upon pleas of information. I don't like pushing her too hard for information then, because I know I myself don't like sharing information, and also because I am afraid of what she might do when thoroughly pissed off. It has always been a joke among us that we would all fear our lives if ever she truly hated one of us. Not that she would ever kill or hurt anyone. But the point of this (if there is one) is that she never shares personal feelings, I don't like to and try hard not to, yet others among us can't not share every little detail of every sensation they experience. I suppose we're each interacting in what we perceive to be the most polite and proper manner, but the alterity and observed impertinence of our methods frustrate us all beyond the edge of compassion. And that is just one of many reasons why... something is. I suppose why it is a good thing we don't see so much of each other any more.

I realize this is not exactly an original thought, nor is this the first time I have indulged it. But I thought now was as good a time as any to write it down. And I had meant to talk of emotional instability...

There are many indispensable things that must be done before the next day begins, and a busy one it will be. But I think this day has already been enough for me, so I will leave those important things for the time scramble that comes in my hour between the first class of the day and lunch. This time now is for sleeping. Sweet dreams!

*Let it be noted that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe I'm still paying for it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home