Saturday, October 15, 2005

How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ville

So this is the first break I've spent in the Ville. Besides our SA, there's probably about 5 other people on my floor now. I've essentially had a four day weekend, because we got Friday off and I only had one class on Thursday, at 9 in the morning. So from Thursday morning at 10:30 until Monday morning at 9:30 I will have a weekend full of nothing. It's been lots of quality time with the roomie.

So far we've watched The Little Mermaid, Pippin, and MASH, and we've still got Aladdin, Kill Bill I and II, and Cast Away. This evening we've been watching lots of Michael Jackson music videos, which progressed to a 90's music fest. It's been great. Yesterday I slept in til noon, ate breakfast, took a shower, spent two hours watching Martha Stewart and Jeopardy! and then laid out in the sun on the quad forever reading my awesome science fiction anthology. It has all the best stories in it. I'm quite partial to the short stories from the 4o's and 50's, and this book has the best of them. Except it also has Flowers for Algernon and I hate that story, but I'll skip it. It's not even really sci-fi, I don't know why it's in there.

The only thing that sucks about spending a break at school is that everything is closed. The SUB, the library, the c-store, all the dining halls but one, and its hours have been drastically reduced. So we ordered Chinese. It was yummy and lasted two days. And now that we illegaly have a microwave, we were able to heat it up. And make some popcorn for movie time as well. And I can make tea now. Yay!

It looks like Cast Away is next on the list for our movies. I wish the library had a better selection of DVDs, but oh well. Time for some more laying motionless in bed. I've done nothing but lay around and sit around all weekend, I should get up and do something. But not now. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm loving this (eew, I sound like a McDonald's commercial. I wish I could say that without thinking of evil corporations.) Time for a movie then more awesome stories. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home