Nashville Cats
I think I am developing a mild case of insomnia. No matter my noble intentions of going to bed early, or waking up early, each night I fall asleep progressively later. Last night it was sometime between 3:30 and 4. I have a feeling tonight won't be any different, but at least I don't have to be up tomorrow until 1-ish at the latest. However, I will once again attempt (probably unsuccessfuly) to wake up by 10:30, in the hopes that I will be tired on the following night and go to sleep earlier (again, probably unsuccessfuly).
Tonight I am wasting my time by alphabetizing my entire CD collection, then ripping them all onto my computer. Since I have discovered the amazingness that is iTunes, I have been frantically trying to raise my fifteen hours of music up to the week's worth that some people have in order to be cool, or something. Because the cool feature about this is that you can listen to other people's music who are within a certain distance of you. And living in the dorms puts a lot of people close to you, so there is a nice variety of music to choose from. But I feel that my contributions must live up to the standards, and so I am adding every single CD I own, regardless of whether I actually ever listen to it or not. Hopefully I'll have at least two days' worth of music after this.
The other good thing about being able to listen to other people's music is, well, being able to listen to other people's music. So I can listen to things that I normally wouldn't get to. It's really cool to see the variety of music people have. I discovered a song the title of which is my name (although spelled differently); my name is not a very common one at all, and I've never heard of anyone else having it, except my great-grandmother, after whom I was named. It's not the greatest of songs, but it's cool.
I also found Nashville Cats. It was overly exciting. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever actually heard a professional recording of this song. Just a bunch of old people singing it around a campfire. But for a while it held some sort of sentimental value. Don't know why. Anyway, it made my day (or night... no morning) worth it. I even had "Nashville Cats" written on my old Chucks, the ones that I don't wear anymore because they have more holes than canvas.
Collapse, on Yahoo! Games is my new favorite waster of time. The sound effects aren't even too annoying. But Minesweeper is still a big presence in my life. I got tired of beating my times on the expert level, and I'm tired of playing custom games with 125 mines in the expert level size field. So now I'm playing with the rules that I can't tag mines, and I have to just click on all the non-mines. It's more fun, and I'm even getting my times down into where I was scoring when I was tagging the mines. If that made sense... I tried to make it make sense, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.
Holy shit. I have more Beatles music than anyone has a right to. I never realized there was that much of it before.
For some reason this weekend seems like the popular time to go home, so I'm thinking I might catch a ride with someone. When you don't have a car, you gotta go with what you can get. Although I really wanted to go home the weekend after that. Maybe I can catch someone who's passing through my hometown, since half the people here have to go through it to get home anyway. Or just to visit their significant others or best friends or whatever. The sad thing is that for fun on weekends, people go to my hometown, which isn't a very exciting place (and I'm not just saying that because I've lived there my whole life.) But it's the nearest place that counts as more than a damned farming community.
Right. So, I guess I should make an attempt at going to bed now, after complaining that I've been staying up too late. I've got a book to read, maybe it will make me so tired that I have to fall asleep. That would be nice. Sweet dreams, good night, don't let the bedbugs bite!
Tonight I am wasting my time by alphabetizing my entire CD collection, then ripping them all onto my computer. Since I have discovered the amazingness that is iTunes, I have been frantically trying to raise my fifteen hours of music up to the week's worth that some people have in order to be cool, or something. Because the cool feature about this is that you can listen to other people's music who are within a certain distance of you. And living in the dorms puts a lot of people close to you, so there is a nice variety of music to choose from. But I feel that my contributions must live up to the standards, and so I am adding every single CD I own, regardless of whether I actually ever listen to it or not. Hopefully I'll have at least two days' worth of music after this.
The other good thing about being able to listen to other people's music is, well, being able to listen to other people's music. So I can listen to things that I normally wouldn't get to. It's really cool to see the variety of music people have. I discovered a song the title of which is my name (although spelled differently); my name is not a very common one at all, and I've never heard of anyone else having it, except my great-grandmother, after whom I was named. It's not the greatest of songs, but it's cool.
I also found Nashville Cats. It was overly exciting. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever actually heard a professional recording of this song. Just a bunch of old people singing it around a campfire. But for a while it held some sort of sentimental value. Don't know why. Anyway, it made my day (or night... no morning) worth it. I even had "Nashville Cats" written on my old Chucks, the ones that I don't wear anymore because they have more holes than canvas.
Collapse, on Yahoo! Games is my new favorite waster of time. The sound effects aren't even too annoying. But Minesweeper is still a big presence in my life. I got tired of beating my times on the expert level, and I'm tired of playing custom games with 125 mines in the expert level size field. So now I'm playing with the rules that I can't tag mines, and I have to just click on all the non-mines. It's more fun, and I'm even getting my times down into where I was scoring when I was tagging the mines. If that made sense... I tried to make it make sense, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.
Holy shit. I have more Beatles music than anyone has a right to. I never realized there was that much of it before.
For some reason this weekend seems like the popular time to go home, so I'm thinking I might catch a ride with someone. When you don't have a car, you gotta go with what you can get. Although I really wanted to go home the weekend after that. Maybe I can catch someone who's passing through my hometown, since half the people here have to go through it to get home anyway. Or just to visit their significant others or best friends or whatever. The sad thing is that for fun on weekends, people go to my hometown, which isn't a very exciting place (and I'm not just saying that because I've lived there my whole life.) But it's the nearest place that counts as more than a damned farming community.
Right. So, I guess I should make an attempt at going to bed now, after complaining that I've been staying up too late. I've got a book to read, maybe it will make me so tired that I have to fall asleep. That would be nice. Sweet dreams, good night, don't let the bedbugs bite!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home