The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Good:
Today there was an absolutely astonishingly beautiful sunset/moonrise that took my breath away, despite having as a backdrop the parking lot and student-housing appartments behind my dorm. The moon was almost full (tomorrow, I think), and it was huge and orange, like it always is when it hangs just above the horizon. The sky melted from the deepest violet down through a soft purple and a slightly orange pink where it met the horizon. The colors of this skyscape complemented each other so well, and the moon was so glorious in its introduction of the night. Why can't it be like this every night?
I now have supervision. No, not supervision, that would go under the "bad" category: super vision. See more under the "bad" category.
I'm pretty sure I'm in a French class that's one level below where I probably should be. After all, I did take the level under the one I was placed in when I took the placement test. But I'm not going to complain, because at least I know mostly what I'm talking about in this class, and will hopefully pull off an A. If nothing else, I will be reacquainted with the world of the francophone in a much gentler way than most normal college courses would allow.
The Bad:
This semester is shaping up to be sooo much more work than I ever bargained for! Even if I was actually trying to keep up with all the readings, there would be no way I could possibly manage it. So I think I'll pull a last semester and not read anything, thus making the purchase of several expensive tomes quite unnecessary. Hopefully I'll be able to pull a last semester grade-wise, as well. Probably not.
Sometime in my last week at home, my dad and I visited the optometrist. For clarification purposes, this is not the obstetrician, who many people seek to make appointments with when they call the optometrist's office. We both got a prescription for glasses, which neither of us have ever had before. However, my dad is old and has an excuse for getting them. I don't. He picked them up a few days ago and mailed them to me, and they arrived this afternoon just in time for my last class of the day. I'm still in denial, and didn't put them til class was half-over. I don't know why. My vision was instantly improved. Things I thought I could see before became clearer, and things that I had previously strained to see, things that appeared as a white haze in a sea of black, suddenly became very clear, sharply distinct shapes. It was amazing. However, I'm still in denial, and plan on only wearing these things during class. I don't know why I'm deliberately refusing myself super vision powers, but poo on you for asking. Pride? Who knows.
Homework, homework, homework. I have no time for anything else!
The Ugly:
Me. Yes, me when I am wearing glasses. It is a horrid sight. Yessirree, a horribly horrid sight indeed. I'm just trying to take up space now, if you can't tell.
The anonymity (or at least pseudonymity) that the internet allows. Please do not think that this is necessarily a bad thing. It can be quite good. And fun, and entertaining. But it can also bring out the ugly parts of me, and probably in the future will get me in trouble. But pretending to be someone else, or even better, pretending to not be someone in particular, is exciting. And no, I'm not one of those weird RPG people, nor am I some sort of 48 year old male pedophile/stalker guy.
Other ugly things include baby mammals that have no fur and have not yet opened their eyes, birds of any age with no feathers, fat babies (have no pride [I was one, by the way]), men with long hair and/or facial hair who do not properly groom it, and spiders.
That concludes the post for today. Please stay tuned for more updates in the future.
Today there was an absolutely astonishingly beautiful sunset/moonrise that took my breath away, despite having as a backdrop the parking lot and student-housing appartments behind my dorm. The moon was almost full (tomorrow, I think), and it was huge and orange, like it always is when it hangs just above the horizon. The sky melted from the deepest violet down through a soft purple and a slightly orange pink where it met the horizon. The colors of this skyscape complemented each other so well, and the moon was so glorious in its introduction of the night. Why can't it be like this every night?
I now have supervision. No, not supervision, that would go under the "bad" category: super vision. See more under the "bad" category.
I'm pretty sure I'm in a French class that's one level below where I probably should be. After all, I did take the level under the one I was placed in when I took the placement test. But I'm not going to complain, because at least I know mostly what I'm talking about in this class, and will hopefully pull off an A. If nothing else, I will be reacquainted with the world of the francophone in a much gentler way than most normal college courses would allow.
The Bad:
This semester is shaping up to be sooo much more work than I ever bargained for! Even if I was actually trying to keep up with all the readings, there would be no way I could possibly manage it. So I think I'll pull a last semester and not read anything, thus making the purchase of several expensive tomes quite unnecessary. Hopefully I'll be able to pull a last semester grade-wise, as well. Probably not.
Sometime in my last week at home, my dad and I visited the optometrist. For clarification purposes, this is not the obstetrician, who many people seek to make appointments with when they call the optometrist's office. We both got a prescription for glasses, which neither of us have ever had before. However, my dad is old and has an excuse for getting them. I don't. He picked them up a few days ago and mailed them to me, and they arrived this afternoon just in time for my last class of the day. I'm still in denial, and didn't put them til class was half-over. I don't know why. My vision was instantly improved. Things I thought I could see before became clearer, and things that I had previously strained to see, things that appeared as a white haze in a sea of black, suddenly became very clear, sharply distinct shapes. It was amazing. However, I'm still in denial, and plan on only wearing these things during class. I don't know why I'm deliberately refusing myself super vision powers, but poo on you for asking. Pride? Who knows.
Homework, homework, homework. I have no time for anything else!
The Ugly:
Me. Yes, me when I am wearing glasses. It is a horrid sight. Yessirree, a horribly horrid sight indeed. I'm just trying to take up space now, if you can't tell.
The anonymity (or at least pseudonymity) that the internet allows. Please do not think that this is necessarily a bad thing. It can be quite good. And fun, and entertaining. But it can also bring out the ugly parts of me, and probably in the future will get me in trouble. But pretending to be someone else, or even better, pretending to not be someone in particular, is exciting. And no, I'm not one of those weird RPG people, nor am I some sort of 48 year old male pedophile/stalker guy.
Other ugly things include baby mammals that have no fur and have not yet opened their eyes, birds of any age with no feathers, fat babies (have no pride [I was one, by the way]), men with long hair and/or facial hair who do not properly groom it, and spiders.
That concludes the post for today. Please stay tuned for more updates in the future.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home