It's a small world after all....
... subtitle: "and why it took less than a month to put me at my rope's end and make me want desperately to be back in Kirksville."
Actually, I might be going to Kirksville this weekend if I'm not working. Woohoo! Anyone want to come along?
So... several exciting stories to tell. First there is the story of the time capsule that wasn't. I think my friend might have already told that one in better detail than I care to go into, and if she hasn't, I'm sure she will soon. Then there is the story of the weird high school party I went to the other day. I'll make it short...
One day it so happened that I was chillin' with Liz and Ann, and Ann's boyfriend Matt, who is still in high school (or was at the time, I guess he graduated last week or something). After a somewhat disasterous journey down to Cooper's Landing where we were promptly rained on and almost blown away by super-strong wind (although the lightning over the river [that's the Missouri, for those of you who don't know *coughelainecough* {sorry!}] was more than impressive), we made the treacherous drive back into town (and listened to Modest Mouse on the way! Ah, how I miss the days of driving back from Cooper's listening to Modest Mouse!) and eventually wound up at this high school party. Wow, that's a run-on sentence if I've ever seen one. Anyway, let me backtrack for a moment (I'll make it quick, I promise). One day about two years ago, I was at the Mall with Liz and Stepho. Don't ask me why we were at the Mall... I hate that place. But the point is that we ran into these two guys name Mitch and Patrick, who went to our high school but were younger than us. For some unknown reason we ended up driving them back to Mitch's house, where we proceeded to go inside and watch this godawful film they made about Barbies. Then we left. Fastforward to the original story I was telling. We get to this party, and it's at Mitch's house. Not only are we bringing a good majority of the booze present at the party with us, but... something. I started that sentence and then couldn't finish it. Oh well. Anyway, it was nice to be on the other side of that party, if that makes any sense. The side where we have all the alcohol and don't have to share it with any of the poor saps who are a little more sober than they would have liked, that is. And... pretty much everyone at that party I recognized as the little sibling of someone I had gone to high school with. It was weird. Not only that, but there was also this guy I had gone to elementary school with and hadn't seen since 5th grade.
So, that was a really lame story, but it was the weirdest thing when it happened. Later that night I drove out to Abby's new house, where she was having an "I don't live with my parents anymore" party. I even got introduced to all her friends as "my old Vice President." That was awesome. (It's because back in the day she was the leader of our little neighborhood gang, and I was always second in command). But I saw Isaac there, so that was cool.
Last odd story that is probably going to be lamer than the first... I promise I'll make it short. So last night I was working at the Twilight Festival with this pretty cool guy named Nathan who was telling me all about the problems of the new house he was moving into. Sometime during the evening these two guys walk in and talk to him. As these two guys were leaving, it suddenly hits me that they looked really familiar... I know that kid! So I ask Nathan, and sure enough, it had been none other than Steven Haslag and Cooper Crain (is that spelled right?) Not only that, but Mr Haslag (who looked like he was about 15, by the way) was one of Nathan's housemates. How bizarre is that?
That story probably will make sense to one other person besides me. Oh well. I thought it was really weird.
Okay, I'm tired of typing, so the endless list of why I don't want to be here anymore will have to wait for another time. Let's just hope I really do get to visit Kirksville this weekend.
Except I just realized it's Friday already. Wow.
Actually, I might be going to Kirksville this weekend if I'm not working. Woohoo! Anyone want to come along?
So... several exciting stories to tell. First there is the story of the time capsule that wasn't. I think my friend might have already told that one in better detail than I care to go into, and if she hasn't, I'm sure she will soon. Then there is the story of the weird high school party I went to the other day. I'll make it short...
One day it so happened that I was chillin' with Liz and Ann, and Ann's boyfriend Matt, who is still in high school (or was at the time, I guess he graduated last week or something). After a somewhat disasterous journey down to Cooper's Landing where we were promptly rained on and almost blown away by super-strong wind (although the lightning over the river [that's the Missouri, for those of you who don't know *coughelainecough* {sorry!}] was more than impressive), we made the treacherous drive back into town (and listened to Modest Mouse on the way! Ah, how I miss the days of driving back from Cooper's listening to Modest Mouse!) and eventually wound up at this high school party. Wow, that's a run-on sentence if I've ever seen one. Anyway, let me backtrack for a moment (I'll make it quick, I promise). One day about two years ago, I was at the Mall with Liz and Stepho. Don't ask me why we were at the Mall... I hate that place. But the point is that we ran into these two guys name Mitch and Patrick, who went to our high school but were younger than us. For some unknown reason we ended up driving them back to Mitch's house, where we proceeded to go inside and watch this godawful film they made about Barbies. Then we left. Fastforward to the original story I was telling. We get to this party, and it's at Mitch's house. Not only are we bringing a good majority of the booze present at the party with us, but... something. I started that sentence and then couldn't finish it. Oh well. Anyway, it was nice to be on the other side of that party, if that makes any sense. The side where we have all the alcohol and don't have to share it with any of the poor saps who are a little more sober than they would have liked, that is. And... pretty much everyone at that party I recognized as the little sibling of someone I had gone to high school with. It was weird. Not only that, but there was also this guy I had gone to elementary school with and hadn't seen since 5th grade.
So, that was a really lame story, but it was the weirdest thing when it happened. Later that night I drove out to Abby's new house, where she was having an "I don't live with my parents anymore" party. I even got introduced to all her friends as "my old Vice President." That was awesome. (It's because back in the day she was the leader of our little neighborhood gang, and I was always second in command). But I saw Isaac there, so that was cool.
Last odd story that is probably going to be lamer than the first... I promise I'll make it short. So last night I was working at the Twilight Festival with this pretty cool guy named Nathan who was telling me all about the problems of the new house he was moving into. Sometime during the evening these two guys walk in and talk to him. As these two guys were leaving, it suddenly hits me that they looked really familiar... I know that kid! So I ask Nathan, and sure enough, it had been none other than Steven Haslag and Cooper Crain (is that spelled right?) Not only that, but Mr Haslag (who looked like he was about 15, by the way) was one of Nathan's housemates. How bizarre is that?
That story probably will make sense to one other person besides me. Oh well. I thought it was really weird.
Okay, I'm tired of typing, so the endless list of why I don't want to be here anymore will have to wait for another time. Let's just hope I really do get to visit Kirksville this weekend.
Except I just realized it's Friday already. Wow.

1 Comments:
I'm working on the Time Capsule story-- it's about half composed right now. I'm working on it in my spare minutes. In the meanwhile, I've been telling everyone else-- haha. Liked your coworker/boss's story about the bag of kittens! *muah*
Post a Comment
<< Home