Sunday, November 16, 2008

Charlie Parr

I went out to hear some live music last night, and am glad I did! The headliner was a band called Eastern Blok. I really enjoyed their music, partly because it was something you never hear, and partly because each member of the band was totally just rocking out, but in a way that fit together well. It reminded me vaguely of Klezmerica, but not quite the same thing at all.

However, as sometimes happens, I enjoyed the opening act more. First of all, it was danceable, and I love dancing in the middle of a crowd of people all moving to the same music- as long as it's the right kind of music. And this definitely was. Secondly, it's fucking awesome music that one doesn't often come across, and it's executed well. I've fallen in love with Charlie Parr.



There were a lot of eco/hipster kids there in their skinny jeans and calf-length boots and uncombed hair. The dance floor smelled like B.O. and everyone was jumping up and down like crazy. I danced my ass off for more than an hour non-stop. The bar was enormous and ridiculously overpriced, but it was well worth the company and the music.

I should get out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home