Five more days....
Things are starting to slow down and speed up at the same time. I've got a paper due on monday, two finals on Tuesday (I'm not too incredibly worried about those) and a final on Thursday (very worried about this one). The idea of actually studying for a final is somewhat new to me, so I have no study skills. At all.
I'm so excited about break coming up. You have no idea how great it will be to be spending the weekend somewhere other than here. And by "here" I mean "sitting in my room in front of my desk." Man, I'm such a loser. It's because only one of my friends here really drinks, and the other ones just spend their weekends sitting in other people's rooms, which is no fun if you don't know the other people. However, I don't think it will be quite so great to be home for an entire month. One or two days I can handle, but once it gets past four, that's pushing it. We'll see how this one goes.
My roommate's boyfriend just got here about fifteen minutes ago. They left to go party about ten minutes ago (a little early, don't ya think?). He actually told me hi when he walked in, remembered my name, and asked how it was going. I thought that was kinda cool because I don't think any of my roommate's friends even know my name, and we live on the same freakin' floor! (I can't believe I just said "freakin'," I don't think I've ever said that before; I'd rather just be frank and say fucking.) It's okay, though, because I don't know any of her friends' names. Except once, when Caitlin stopped by and I had to leave a note telling my roommate to meet her somewhere. Do you have any idea how many different ways there are to spell that name? After many seconds of deliberation, I finally decided that Katelyn matched this girl's style the best. It wasn't until today that I was walking down the hall looking for the door with "Katelyn" written on it and discovered that there was only one "Caitlin." The problem is that Caitlin implies a somewhat scrawny girl with long brown hair and freckles and perhaps glasses, who wears jumpers and cotton ankle-length dresses with barrettes, and who was most likely homeschooled. Which is why I chose Katelyn, which implies a much more socially experienced girl with dyed hair who wears make-up and the latest fashions even in pajamas. But I was drastically mistaken.
While wasting time on the internet like I do every day for several hours, I came upon an interesting article. I really need to stop putting pointless links here, but I can't help it. I thought this was kind of funny, actually.
I've begun cleaning out my room in preparation for break. It's quite exciting. I have already discarded about 8 lbs of useless papers that were randomly lying around my room. Then I moved on to the few classes I was absolutely done with, and emptied out all those folders. Since they were lightly used, I took the next step and prepared them for next semester's classes (this involves printing the class name on a piece of paper, cutting it out, and placing it in the plastic slip that covers the binder. Very technical and complicated.) Now I have to pick up the six pairs of shoes lying around on the floor. I didn't even think I owned that many shoes, yet here they are.
And I have to change my sheets and make my bed and pack all my bags (which will be easy because by the time I am ready to leave I will have no clean clothes left and will probably have been wearing dirty ones for several days just because I don't want to have to do laundry two days before I leave for home, where laundry is free and my dad will do it for me; of course, this means packing my laundry bag, I suppose) sell back all my books, buy all my books for next semester, take home everything I don't need next semester, make a list of things to bring back from home for next semester, probably vacuum the floor, clean out the fridge, unplug the numerous electrical appliances I have running, and manage to fit all my shit into Deborah's car. All this before I run off to my very last final in the class from hell, straight from which I will be leaving this town, not to return for an entire month. What a day that will be!
I finally made up a Christmas list. It took me two days, and it contains four items: Wal-Mart gift certificates (because in Kville, going to Wal-Mart is a valid social activity. And because I'm a poor college student), small silver-balled post earings (I recently lost mine in a tragic accident that involves the floor being too smothered with shit to recover a dropped earing), that poster of Johnny Depp playing the piano (*drooling* he's so sexy!), and socks. I have asked for socks for Christmas for the last five years, and hence have quite a collection of socks that I enjoy. Before this all my socks were boring and white.
Back then is when I actually had cool sneakers (I hate that word, but tennis-shoes looks funny when you write it out). Alas, they stopped making my favorite kinds of shoes and now I am stuck with the basic, but mostly impractical, converse, along with the one or two pairs of cheap shoes I got at the outlet store. I'm trying to wear them down a bit so I will have an extra pair of shoes to take camping. I always feel bad about wearing new shoes camping, even if I don't give a shit what happens to them. Because shit is usually what happens to them- either cow shit or dog shit... or cat shit, because one time my cat shat in my shoe. I was not pleased.
But now I am going to attempt to write a paper. On a Saturday night, nonetheless. Man, my life is pathetic!
I'm so excited about break coming up. You have no idea how great it will be to be spending the weekend somewhere other than here. And by "here" I mean "sitting in my room in front of my desk." Man, I'm such a loser. It's because only one of my friends here really drinks, and the other ones just spend their weekends sitting in other people's rooms, which is no fun if you don't know the other people. However, I don't think it will be quite so great to be home for an entire month. One or two days I can handle, but once it gets past four, that's pushing it. We'll see how this one goes.
My roommate's boyfriend just got here about fifteen minutes ago. They left to go party about ten minutes ago (a little early, don't ya think?). He actually told me hi when he walked in, remembered my name, and asked how it was going. I thought that was kinda cool because I don't think any of my roommate's friends even know my name, and we live on the same freakin' floor! (I can't believe I just said "freakin'," I don't think I've ever said that before; I'd rather just be frank and say fucking.) It's okay, though, because I don't know any of her friends' names. Except once, when Caitlin stopped by and I had to leave a note telling my roommate to meet her somewhere. Do you have any idea how many different ways there are to spell that name? After many seconds of deliberation, I finally decided that Katelyn matched this girl's style the best. It wasn't until today that I was walking down the hall looking for the door with "Katelyn" written on it and discovered that there was only one "Caitlin." The problem is that Caitlin implies a somewhat scrawny girl with long brown hair and freckles and perhaps glasses, who wears jumpers and cotton ankle-length dresses with barrettes, and who was most likely homeschooled. Which is why I chose Katelyn, which implies a much more socially experienced girl with dyed hair who wears make-up and the latest fashions even in pajamas. But I was drastically mistaken.
While wasting time on the internet like I do every day for several hours, I came upon an interesting article. I really need to stop putting pointless links here, but I can't help it. I thought this was kind of funny, actually.
I've begun cleaning out my room in preparation for break. It's quite exciting. I have already discarded about 8 lbs of useless papers that were randomly lying around my room. Then I moved on to the few classes I was absolutely done with, and emptied out all those folders. Since they were lightly used, I took the next step and prepared them for next semester's classes (this involves printing the class name on a piece of paper, cutting it out, and placing it in the plastic slip that covers the binder. Very technical and complicated.) Now I have to pick up the six pairs of shoes lying around on the floor. I didn't even think I owned that many shoes, yet here they are.
And I have to change my sheets and make my bed and pack all my bags (which will be easy because by the time I am ready to leave I will have no clean clothes left and will probably have been wearing dirty ones for several days just because I don't want to have to do laundry two days before I leave for home, where laundry is free and my dad will do it for me; of course, this means packing my laundry bag, I suppose) sell back all my books, buy all my books for next semester, take home everything I don't need next semester, make a list of things to bring back from home for next semester, probably vacuum the floor, clean out the fridge, unplug the numerous electrical appliances I have running, and manage to fit all my shit into Deborah's car. All this before I run off to my very last final in the class from hell, straight from which I will be leaving this town, not to return for an entire month. What a day that will be!
I finally made up a Christmas list. It took me two days, and it contains four items: Wal-Mart gift certificates (because in Kville, going to Wal-Mart is a valid social activity. And because I'm a poor college student), small silver-balled post earings (I recently lost mine in a tragic accident that involves the floor being too smothered with shit to recover a dropped earing), that poster of Johnny Depp playing the piano (*drooling* he's so sexy!), and socks. I have asked for socks for Christmas for the last five years, and hence have quite a collection of socks that I enjoy. Before this all my socks were boring and white.
Back then is when I actually had cool sneakers (I hate that word, but tennis-shoes looks funny when you write it out). Alas, they stopped making my favorite kinds of shoes and now I am stuck with the basic, but mostly impractical, converse, along with the one or two pairs of cheap shoes I got at the outlet store. I'm trying to wear them down a bit so I will have an extra pair of shoes to take camping. I always feel bad about wearing new shoes camping, even if I don't give a shit what happens to them. Because shit is usually what happens to them- either cow shit or dog shit... or cat shit, because one time my cat shat in my shoe. I was not pleased.
But now I am going to attempt to write a paper. On a Saturday night, nonetheless. Man, my life is pathetic!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home