Tuesday, December 14th
That's right bitches, today is TROTKEE day! I'm so excited! Especially since I'm too poor to buy it for myself, and must wait til Christmas morning for my brother to receive his copy before I can run off with it and lock myself in a room with a TV for the next four or five or nine hours. That's a bummer. But I'm still going to be excited!
Finals count to date: four down, one to go. That is, one to go that I am going to fail, which will result in my failure of the course and a need to work my ass off next semester in order to keep my scholarships. That's how that is.
I just sold 7 books back to the store, and received a grand total of $27 in return. Granted, it was cash, and these were mere novels, not textbooks, but wtf mate?! I just got ripped off... for a second time! As if having to buy all those damned books wasn't expensive and pointless enough, all in all, I'm not even getting back a quarter of what I paid. Fucking bookstores...
On a happier literary note, however, I did stop by a used bookstore on my way to the Square (okay, better than "the District," but what the hell's wrong with plain ol' "Downtown?!") on Sunday and bought two awesomely trashy sci-fi books for $2.50. Actually, so far they're pretty decent sci-fi books. But that made my entire week (and that's saying something, considering this week includes finals!) Two dollars and fifty cents is less than the original price even. I always love it when old pulp fiction books have those "order forms" in the back where you can get more books by the same author or publishing company by sending in the form along with a check for the total amount of the books and one dollar for postage and handling. According to the form in the back of the one I'm reading now, for $21.40 (plus $1 for postage and handling) I could get eleven Heinlein books. That's a better deal than the stupid bookstore I just sold all my books back to! I wonder what they'd do if I actually sent that form in with a check for twenty-two dollars and forty cents. Do you think they'd mail me the books?
Now that I've presented my LOTR and pulp sci-fi loserliness for everyone to see, I think I'd best finish packing and cleaning so I can go out tonight. Tomorrow is "reading day," which means tonight is party night. Woot!
Finals count to date: four down, one to go. That is, one to go that I am going to fail, which will result in my failure of the course and a need to work my ass off next semester in order to keep my scholarships. That's how that is.
I just sold 7 books back to the store, and received a grand total of $27 in return. Granted, it was cash, and these were mere novels, not textbooks, but wtf mate?! I just got ripped off... for a second time! As if having to buy all those damned books wasn't expensive and pointless enough, all in all, I'm not even getting back a quarter of what I paid. Fucking bookstores...
On a happier literary note, however, I did stop by a used bookstore on my way to the Square (okay, better than "the District," but what the hell's wrong with plain ol' "Downtown?!") on Sunday and bought two awesomely trashy sci-fi books for $2.50. Actually, so far they're pretty decent sci-fi books. But that made my entire week (and that's saying something, considering this week includes finals!) Two dollars and fifty cents is less than the original price even. I always love it when old pulp fiction books have those "order forms" in the back where you can get more books by the same author or publishing company by sending in the form along with a check for the total amount of the books and one dollar for postage and handling. According to the form in the back of the one I'm reading now, for $21.40 (plus $1 for postage and handling) I could get eleven Heinlein books. That's a better deal than the stupid bookstore I just sold all my books back to! I wonder what they'd do if I actually sent that form in with a check for twenty-two dollars and forty cents. Do you think they'd mail me the books?
Now that I've presented my LOTR and pulp sci-fi loserliness for everyone to see, I think I'd best finish packing and cleaning so I can go out tonight. Tomorrow is "reading day," which means tonight is party night. Woot!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home