Happy New Year
Happy new year everyone!
Grr. I don't know why people go home for the new year. It just gets off to a bad start.
If anyone wants to see an awesome movie, go rent Johnny English. I don't normally laugh out loud when watching movies (nor do I use the term "laugh out loud" when not IMing people), but this was hilarious! Actually, the last twenty minutes or so weren't as good as the rest of it, but the rest of it was worth it. British humour cracks my shit up! (Notice how I spelled "humour" the British way? Yeah. I'm good. Not really at all, actually. But whatever.)
I really need to do some ranting. But I really don't have the energy right now. I just need some alone time right now or something. Maybe I'll just go cry in a corner somewhere. Perhaps just complaining about being miserable will work, too. I'm miserable. Not really. I guess I could be a lot worse off. My home and belongings and family could all have been wiped out in a giant tsunami. But they weren't. So I'm content with being miserable. Fucking family.
And now it's time for the gratuitous song lyrics of the day. Today you're getting the whole damned song. Courtesy of Lyle Lovett. Don't make fun of me. You know he's a genius.
I walked in his office he told me "pull up a chair,"
And he looked in my eyes with a cold steely stare.
And he spoke with a wisdom that I'd never heard,
And as I was hanging on every last word
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean."
He said the hallway is lonesome and the hallway is long,
And one end is shiny and one end is gone.
And the middle burns brightly with the color of night
And the doors are all open but no one's inside.
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,"
He said, "son, I think you know what I really mean."
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean."
Hell he hollered and he hopped up and he kicked back his chair
And he said I'd be stupid if I didn't care,
To understand better would leave him no doubt
In a world full of something that I'd be without.
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,"
He said, "son, I think you know what I really mean."
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean."
But it's springtime in Texas and my memory grows faint
As the bluebonnets dance with the Indian paints.
The highway is lonesome but the highway is straight
And some things are heavy but they ain't worth the weight.
I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean.
I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean.
Grr. I don't know why people go home for the new year. It just gets off to a bad start.
If anyone wants to see an awesome movie, go rent Johnny English. I don't normally laugh out loud when watching movies (nor do I use the term "laugh out loud" when not IMing people), but this was hilarious! Actually, the last twenty minutes or so weren't as good as the rest of it, but the rest of it was worth it. British humour cracks my shit up! (Notice how I spelled "humour" the British way? Yeah. I'm good. Not really at all, actually. But whatever.)
I really need to do some ranting. But I really don't have the energy right now. I just need some alone time right now or something. Maybe I'll just go cry in a corner somewhere. Perhaps just complaining about being miserable will work, too. I'm miserable. Not really. I guess I could be a lot worse off. My home and belongings and family could all have been wiped out in a giant tsunami. But they weren't. So I'm content with being miserable. Fucking family.
And now it's time for the gratuitous song lyrics of the day. Today you're getting the whole damned song. Courtesy of Lyle Lovett. Don't make fun of me. You know he's a genius.
I walked in his office he told me "pull up a chair,"
And he looked in my eyes with a cold steely stare.
And he spoke with a wisdom that I'd never heard,
And as I was hanging on every last word
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean."
He said the hallway is lonesome and the hallway is long,
And one end is shiny and one end is gone.
And the middle burns brightly with the color of night
And the doors are all open but no one's inside.
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,"
He said, "son, I think you know what I really mean."
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean."
Hell he hollered and he hopped up and he kicked back his chair
And he said I'd be stupid if I didn't care,
To understand better would leave him no doubt
In a world full of something that I'd be without.
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean,"
He said, "son, I think you know what I really mean."
He said, "son, I think you know what I mean."
But it's springtime in Texas and my memory grows faint
As the bluebonnets dance with the Indian paints.
The highway is lonesome but the highway is straight
And some things are heavy but they ain't worth the weight.
I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean.
I think you know what I mean,
I think you know what I really mean.
I think you know what I mean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home