Sunday, October 30, 2005

And again

It must be pretty obvious how desperate I am to avoid homework tonight, seeing as this is my third post in so many hours.

But I'm still doing the Sermon on the Mount assignment because I keep taking a break to watch TV or play Freecell or eat Chinese food, or whatever. And the very first line Jesus says is this: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." But wouldn't the poor in spirit be those with little faith, those who haven't "accepted Jesus as their savior"? The way I read it is to mean that even if you don't "believe in" Jesus you still get to go to heaven.

I really wish I was fluent in Greek.

In order to waste even more time, I'm trying to figure out what classes to take next semester. Deb and I are trying to take another class together, cause this semester was fun. I think it's going to be Middle Eastern literature. At least we both wanted to take that class, so hopefully we'll both get in. It's taught by her favorite English prof, Delmanaco, or however you spell it. I want to take one with my favorite English prof, Riggle, who's teaching "Non-fiction Travel Writing" next semester, which sounds totally awesome! I hope I have time for it. Then I was thinking about taking Logic cause it's in my major, and possibly a history class... "Ancient West Asia and Egypt." How cool is that? I guess I might as well continue on with French too, so I'll probably end up taking Comp & Con 1. I have a meeting with my advisor on Tuesday, I'm going to declare my major then. Maybe she can help me find more classes to take, cause that's only 15 hours right there and more likely than not a lot of those classes will be filled before I register. That always happens to me.

Okay... back to the homework. I need to finish soon. The roomie and I are supposed to watch Crash together tonight. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home