Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ça va pas changer le monde

So... today I went on a three and a half hour bike ride to Thousand Hills. With Ian. And it was a lot of fun.

Getting to the trailhead at Rainbow Basin was no problem. Which is nice, because it's about a half mile further than the University farm and I was afraid the farm was going to be too far for me, but it's actually an easy ride out there, on nice smooth pavement. Actually mountain biking through the trail was a lot harder. Not only am I incredibly out of shape, but I'd never been mountain biking before and, not having a helmet, I was convinced that I was going to die. Well, I almost died from being so out of shape and gasping and panting at every hill, but I was smart and walked my bike when the trail looked particularly traitorous, while Ian definitely was trying to be all bike-savvy and completely wiped out. But he was okay. So, despite walking my bike up half the hills and down the other half, it was a good time. I was really proud of myself for making it. And I finally got to see 1000 Hills, after living here for two years. I'm really glad I went.

Afterwards we watched V for Vendetta in my room, and everything was fine. Besides Vanity giving me odd looks and mouthing questions at me every time Ian turned his head.

This morning I got up at 6 (really I was pulled off the couch at Deb's when Caitlin and Kade walked in the door) and ate bacon and donut holes and biscuits for breakfast. It was delicious. We were planning on drinking at 6 this morning when Kris came home from work, but we were all too hungover and/or still drunk from several hours before that we decided we'd stick with just eating breakfast.

All in all, a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home