Oh woman
Yeah... so I never followed up on that last post, but suffice it to say a good time was had. And suffice it to say the summer continues to be a good time.
Caitlin and Kade got engaged finally, and hosted a rather awesome EDP (engagement dance party) at their new place on Saturday. Friday night Harold came over and the four of us had a grand time with the fermented grapes and dried herbs. Just as we were all about passed out in the living room there came a knock upon our front door (no one ever uses that door). After hoping it wasn't the police, we opened it to Kade, Caitlin, Sally, and Matt. They only stayed for about 10 minutes as they were on their way to the bars but it was kinda funny cause they were all loud and we were all subdued. Therefor, the next night, the night of the EDP, the four of us again invoked Isis before making our way to the party, where I actually danced. The night culminated in a bunch of people coming back to our house and again invoking Isis and chillin' with Frederick Douglas (the Russian is sadly still MIA). There was a circle in our living room 9 people big, which I will venture to say is probably the biggest circle I've ever sat in. It was kinda funny because aside from Caitlin and Kade, they were all my friends, people whom Deb and Kris (and especially Harold) had never met before. But it wasn't weird. Definitely an odd dynamic with such a large group, but nothing bad. I would most assuredly say that a good time was had by all.
And now that I've spent a good half hour up in my sweltering room I think I will risk going back down and intruding on my roommates' alone time. I'm getting all sweaty just sitting here. Besides, I took a nap this afternoon and surely won't be going to bed anytime soon.
Caitlin and Kade got engaged finally, and hosted a rather awesome EDP (engagement dance party) at their new place on Saturday. Friday night Harold came over and the four of us had a grand time with the fermented grapes and dried herbs. Just as we were all about passed out in the living room there came a knock upon our front door (no one ever uses that door). After hoping it wasn't the police, we opened it to Kade, Caitlin, Sally, and Matt. They only stayed for about 10 minutes as they were on their way to the bars but it was kinda funny cause they were all loud and we were all subdued. Therefor, the next night, the night of the EDP, the four of us again invoked Isis before making our way to the party, where I actually danced. The night culminated in a bunch of people coming back to our house and again invoking Isis and chillin' with Frederick Douglas (the Russian is sadly still MIA). There was a circle in our living room 9 people big, which I will venture to say is probably the biggest circle I've ever sat in. It was kinda funny because aside from Caitlin and Kade, they were all my friends, people whom Deb and Kris (and especially Harold) had never met before. But it wasn't weird. Definitely an odd dynamic with such a large group, but nothing bad. I would most assuredly say that a good time was had by all.
And now that I've spent a good half hour up in my sweltering room I think I will risk going back down and intruding on my roommates' alone time. I'm getting all sweaty just sitting here. Besides, I took a nap this afternoon and surely won't be going to bed anytime soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home