Summertime
and the livin's easy.
Summer has almost shaped up to what I dreamed it would be, with a few exceptions. The first week or so was near perfect. Now that Kade and Caitlin are gone for a while, things have gotten a little more boring. Kade will be back in two weeks, but Caitlin will be gone til mid July I think. I was sort of counting on her to keep me in touch with Sarah and whoever else is still in town, but I think it will be just as fun to hang out with Kade.
I'm keeping pretty busy during the days dealing with moronic parents who have to know everything about their child's study abroad trip and finish all the business their child didn't take care of before they left school. But it's given me the confidence to know that I really can go to Morocco next summer. Which is totally going to happen, damnit.
Karina leaves in less than two weeks. Even though I didn't get to hang out with her a lot due to living in different towns, I'm going to miss her so much. June 9th will be a sad day. But it just gives Mom the excuse to take us all to Germany to visit. Or "wisit" as Karina would say. She has a hard time saying "V" so she often says we need to "wisit" her in her "willage." It's kind of odd, because I thought Germans often pronounced W's as V's. However, what's a hop and a jump over to Germany from Andalusia? Because if I'm going to Morocco, damnit, I'm going to spend at least a week in Andalusia, which has always been second on my list under the former destination. I hope lots of people in Spain speak French or Arabic, if not English, or I'm screwed.
Apparently we're going floating on the Missouri River tomorrow. I've always been just a little scared of that river, but I think it will be awesome to be able to say I canoed it. And to debark at Cooper's Landing. I miss that place. I think a special outing needs to be planned some weekend; the live-blues-outside-on-a-cool-summer-night-with-mango-sticky-rice void in my life needs to be filled.
Summer has almost shaped up to what I dreamed it would be, with a few exceptions. The first week or so was near perfect. Now that Kade and Caitlin are gone for a while, things have gotten a little more boring. Kade will be back in two weeks, but Caitlin will be gone til mid July I think. I was sort of counting on her to keep me in touch with Sarah and whoever else is still in town, but I think it will be just as fun to hang out with Kade.
I'm keeping pretty busy during the days dealing with moronic parents who have to know everything about their child's study abroad trip and finish all the business their child didn't take care of before they left school. But it's given me the confidence to know that I really can go to Morocco next summer. Which is totally going to happen, damnit.
Karina leaves in less than two weeks. Even though I didn't get to hang out with her a lot due to living in different towns, I'm going to miss her so much. June 9th will be a sad day. But it just gives Mom the excuse to take us all to Germany to visit. Or "wisit" as Karina would say. She has a hard time saying "V" so she often says we need to "wisit" her in her "willage." It's kind of odd, because I thought Germans often pronounced W's as V's. However, what's a hop and a jump over to Germany from Andalusia? Because if I'm going to Morocco, damnit, I'm going to spend at least a week in Andalusia, which has always been second on my list under the former destination. I hope lots of people in Spain speak French or Arabic, if not English, or I'm screwed.
Apparently we're going floating on the Missouri River tomorrow. I've always been just a little scared of that river, but I think it will be awesome to be able to say I canoed it. And to debark at Cooper's Landing. I miss that place. I think a special outing needs to be planned some weekend; the live-blues-outside-on-a-cool-summer-night-with-mango-sticky-rice void in my life needs to be filled.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home