Sunday, June 18, 2006

I wear pants at least once every day

Today, my dad spelled something in wrong in an email to me. And in all seriousness and earnestness I began worrying about him and thinking he was not okay.

In other news, check out this awesome link.

And in other other news, today I spent more than three hours weeding my garden and now my hands won't come clean even though I washed them at least five times, and there are blisters on the sides of my pointer fingers. I was going to call them my index fingers but then I worried that those were really another finger. In any case, though, I am referring to the finger closest my thumb. Tomorrow I plan to spend another three hours finishing the weeding, then mulching, then watering. And I probably didn't even really get half the weeds I was after today, because the ground was so dry it was cracked, and all the weeds just broke off at ground level when I pulled on them, leaving me with a handful of bushy green leaves and a short stem stuck in the ground, still attached to an extensive root system. How unfortunate.

Tonight I sat on the porch for several hours with a good friend, enjoying the wonderfully cool weather, the excess of bugs flying at our faces, and the guilty pleasures of a few dromedary carcinogens. We actually had a meaningful conversation, and for some reason my bike leaning against the porch column several stairs above the ground cut the perfect picture of... something I should probably let go of. Okay, I think I'm so tired I'm sleep-drunk talking and that is bad. Good night

Schlaft gut, mes amours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home