The little engine that could
The Prime Minister of the Planet Crypticmessages is trying to make a comeback, but as it is her first attempt, it may be a little weak. However, she will give it the old college try, if she can only figure out where to start.
Sometimes, you can feel something about to change, something about to happen. Common sense would seem to assure that these things can be easily stopped, but reality ensures that they cannot. So you're stuck, bound to the railroad ties of life, watching that train approach in slow motion and completely unable to do anything about it. On occasion there is a catalyst pushing that train towards you faster than you can prepare yourself to meet it.
You know when you really want something for a long time, but someone gets it before you, thereby preventing you from ever acquiring said thing because it would make you look like a giant copycat-ing tool? Yeah, I really hate that. What makes it even more ridiculous is when the something really isn't desirable at all. Or tangible, for that matter.
I think I'm confusing myself in my metaphors here, but let's pretend that that something is the train, and that that someone is there urging it on towards me.
The last time I was run over by a train, I had the unique experience of having someone else tied down right next to me. It changed the whole experience, but I'm not sure whether it was for the better, or the worse. And I'm a little hesitant to try it out again.
And I suck at being cryptic and metaphoric.
I'm just going to sit here and wait for the train to run me down, and wish I could actually write something. Happy warm November days everyone.
Sometimes, you can feel something about to change, something about to happen. Common sense would seem to assure that these things can be easily stopped, but reality ensures that they cannot. So you're stuck, bound to the railroad ties of life, watching that train approach in slow motion and completely unable to do anything about it. On occasion there is a catalyst pushing that train towards you faster than you can prepare yourself to meet it.
You know when you really want something for a long time, but someone gets it before you, thereby preventing you from ever acquiring said thing because it would make you look like a giant copycat-ing tool? Yeah, I really hate that. What makes it even more ridiculous is when the something really isn't desirable at all. Or tangible, for that matter.
I think I'm confusing myself in my metaphors here, but let's pretend that that something is the train, and that that someone is there urging it on towards me.
The last time I was run over by a train, I had the unique experience of having someone else tied down right next to me. It changed the whole experience, but I'm not sure whether it was for the better, or the worse. And I'm a little hesitant to try it out again.
And I suck at being cryptic and metaphoric.
I'm just going to sit here and wait for the train to run me down, and wish I could actually write something. Happy warm November days everyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home