Saturday, August 05, 2006

General Disarray

My journal updates of late- my trickling, taciturn additions to that pair of electronic, falsely anonymous recordbooks- have been mostly me trying to reassure myself about all the fun and love and absence of fucking depressing illusions of reality (both the literary and the real). Because for some reason the immense, encompassing feelings of love that have been carefully folded, creamy, into a fluffy base of contentedness- a mix so potent that it seems at the time the world is composed of nothing more and nothing less than it- that Knowledge of the world later seems so ephemeral and fragile that I scarce can believe it ever existed in the first place. And yet all these moments were at one point a reality, no mere illusions. So once more I will take part in the ritual self-assurance, warding against the day (which loses no time and arrives all too soon) when I no longer have faith in the truth of my memories.

Yes, I am drunk tonight.

And yes, I will never get tired of repeating the words of that immortal lyric genius: I love everybody, especially YOU. Oh where would we be without our music?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home