Squiggly place
I slept through my Physics class Tuesday morning. Today I went to lab only to discover that we have a test tomorrow. That was around 3 in the afternoon. So what did I do all day? I went home, watched Martha Stewart, went to dinner with Deb and Jenny, took a nap, and then went out. In about half an hour, I will be going to bed with the intention of waking up tomorrow morning with just enough time to get to class. There will be no studying.
And if there is any class I'm completely lost in, it's this one. It's relatively unorganized, for one. And I'd rather learn about fractals and Chaos than rotational velocity and torque. And I keep wanting to sleep through it in the mornings because I have to get up at 8 and walk 15 minutes up a huge-ass hill. Not my idea of a good morning. But quite honestly, I have pretty much no idea what's going on in this class. I never pay attention except when he's talking about cool things like space stations. I'm fucked.
But I don't think I really care. I've been skipping French a lot lately too. Most people blow out their first semester or two of college. Not me, I did well my first year here, but I have a feeling this is going to be my shitty semester. I don't ever want to go to French again, I wish I could just sit and listen to my Physics prof talk instead of going to class and labs and retarded shit like that. My religions prof is sort of an asshat, but he knows soooo much I always hate to miss that class. Or at least, he's had so many opportunities and first-hand experiences, it seems a shame to waste such a resource.
I think I've found my niche here; I just hope that niche likes me enough to accept me. Each time I go out with these people I have more fun and feel more like I belong. I had some awesome conversations tonight. I want to make the kinds of friends you keep for life. The kinds of friends you sit around with 35 years later, celebrating so many years of parties and friendships. The kinds of friends who become godparents to your children.
Right now I've reverted to that old middle school situation of having multiple groups of friends. It's all about the going on to something bigger and different- new. Going to Smithton was to my childhood as going to Truman is to my young adulthood. Except Smithton sucked balls and was the worst school I ever went to, while Truman rocks and is the best.
Okay, enough for now. My book is calling my name.
And if there is any class I'm completely lost in, it's this one. It's relatively unorganized, for one. And I'd rather learn about fractals and Chaos than rotational velocity and torque. And I keep wanting to sleep through it in the mornings because I have to get up at 8 and walk 15 minutes up a huge-ass hill. Not my idea of a good morning. But quite honestly, I have pretty much no idea what's going on in this class. I never pay attention except when he's talking about cool things like space stations. I'm fucked.
But I don't think I really care. I've been skipping French a lot lately too. Most people blow out their first semester or two of college. Not me, I did well my first year here, but I have a feeling this is going to be my shitty semester. I don't ever want to go to French again, I wish I could just sit and listen to my Physics prof talk instead of going to class and labs and retarded shit like that. My religions prof is sort of an asshat, but he knows soooo much I always hate to miss that class. Or at least, he's had so many opportunities and first-hand experiences, it seems a shame to waste such a resource.
I think I've found my niche here; I just hope that niche likes me enough to accept me. Each time I go out with these people I have more fun and feel more like I belong. I had some awesome conversations tonight. I want to make the kinds of friends you keep for life. The kinds of friends you sit around with 35 years later, celebrating so many years of parties and friendships. The kinds of friends who become godparents to your children.
Right now I've reverted to that old middle school situation of having multiple groups of friends. It's all about the going on to something bigger and different- new. Going to Smithton was to my childhood as going to Truman is to my young adulthood. Except Smithton sucked balls and was the worst school I ever went to, while Truman rocks and is the best.
Okay, enough for now. My book is calling my name.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home